Sunday, November 26, 2006

Warm day

So, I've started buying my textbooks. What a waste of money. I mean, I looked at the breakdown of my courses..and there's this thing called a "learning fee" that's like, $60 for a three credit course. Why? I have an idea: this money could be used as a deposit on a rental textbook that the college lets students use. The majority of my peers seem to buy their books from their college bookstores--why? I almost exclusively buy mine from Amazon or Textbooksrus.com, because I find that it's a lot cheaper that way. Especially Amazon. I can get a book for $4 on Amazon that would be $60 at the college, no joke. This has happened to me at least three times so far. The college estimate for books is something outrageous like $400 per semester, while I manage to pay about $150 by buying online. College bookstores are such a gimmick.

I'm super chuffed, as finals are..about two weeks away! I'm actually really looking forward to getting my loan refund check, because I know that I'll get more than I did last semester (so I'm aiming for around $250). Technically, I should use this towards paying back my loan..NAH. I'm going to probably use it to pay my mother back for whatever my current textbook money won't cover. I wish I'd just get the loan refund SOONER so that I could buy like ultimate awesome presents, you know?

I already know what I'm getting Ben; it's something he asked for. Getting my cats a deluxe cat tower with hammock.

My friends are getting things that I haven't picked out yet. My mother is getting what she always gets, along with something that she really wants but it's kind of pricey and she doesn't like spending money on herself. I have this great plan of taking all of my spare change to a Coinstar machine and getting an Amazon gift certificate from it, because my mother took in two bags of spare change the other day and got an Amazonie for $76.05. Pretty hot. Coinstar machines are dumb unless you get the gift certificates, because then they don't take any percentage out. Happy thought indeed!

I really want to eat at Chili's. Gawwwwd. That or Chinese. I've wanted Chinese for months. I always want Chili's. Oh someone help me.

No comments: