Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dentist!

So I went to the dentist today. Nineteen years without cavities, and suddenly I get struck with the news that I have THREE cavities and FOUR developing. Eeep! Since my insurance runs out on the 31st, they realized that it's imperative that I get in soon. Soon like..tomorrow.

Dental Hygienist: Her insurance runs out on the 31st. Can we get her in before then?
Dentist: Yeah, she can come in tomorrow at 1:45.
DH: Yeah?
Dentist: Sure, we had that cancellation. Come in tomorrow at 1:45 *something about staying late and getting it done?*
DH: That work for you?
Kelly: Yes, it should.

Then as I'm walking out, he pokes his head around the corner:

Dentist: Come at 1, actually. The McDonalds girl will be here!

What does that even mean?! A note about my dentist, though: he's a total hottie. My mom says he's like two years younger than my dad..perfect! No but seriously, really cute. He has a great first name, too. Paaaauuuuullll. Okay, I'm done. So I have to go in tomorrow at 1 and get my first filling EVER.

Yes, I'm nervous. The only time I've ever had novocaine was when I had my wisdom teeth out, and I was under at that time..so I didn't feel any pain! I'm at a loss as to what to do!

In other news: I scored a job interview today. Monday at 2. Wish me luck, guys. If I bag this, I will not only have actual spending money, but I will probably have HEALTH INSURANCE!! HEALTH INSURANCE. And I won't have to worry about getting fillings tomorrow, I can get them in the future.

I also went to the mall today. I was looking to go to Regis to get my hair cut, but they were completely full. What the hell is that?! So we went to Target and I found ONE PAIR of white Keds-knock offs on discount for 3 bucks..IN MY SIZE. How fab is that? They're actually a half size under what I usually wear, but they fit perfectly (even a little big). I love it. I wanted some nice, white, conservative shoes for my job interview. That's hot.

Ughhh. Filling. Help help help help help. I don't know how long fillings take, or how much they hurt, or anything..*dies*

No comments: