Sunday, August 19, 2007

Birthday!

So today is my nineteenth birthday. I love it and I hate it..I'm nervous about the fact that I'm almost twenty (no longer a teenager), but I love birthdays in general. What to think?

My day so far has been pretty good. My grandfather came over and took us out to lunch at Eat 'n' Park. I got this new rosemary chicken stuff that was mediocre; parts of it were good but then some of it just had too many spices! I got a card and no money: he was also supposed to take my brother for a few days but my brother insisted on not going--ugh..

Now my mother and father are off to pick up my DQ ice cream cake. Loves it! I'm telling you, it's the one thing I look forward to as far as birthdays go. Presents are nice and all, but ice cream cakes are just brilliance. Last year I had one from King's Cones Castle (a local ice cream place) that normally has the best ice cream ever, but the cake was terrible. Don't mess with tradition! Dairy Queen only!

The weather is rainy and cold, like it always is on my birthday. This is because during the summer of '88, it was excruciatingly hot. Then the day I was born, it suddenly started pouring and it got really cold out. I'm a Godsend, obviously. Today's also National Aviation Day, which I think is amazing considering my obsession with planes and flying.

I also had a brilliant dream last night that there was an ad in the classifieds section of the Butler Eagle. It was from PBG, and they said that they filled up the position that they had been advertising, and that the new employee was some state representative. I was relieved because the job was not in Butler, but actually far away. Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it was a good dream.

Presents?

No comments: