Friday, July 27, 2007

Kelly + Auto Insurance

For those of you not in the know, I'm just learning how to drive. Yeah, tell me more..eighteen and not driving? Give me a break! It's taken me this long for a variety of reasons, but mainly it was because I had a lot going on in my life between the ages of 15 and now, and also because I have this intense fear of driving off the edge of a cliff (even though there are no actual cliffs in Butler or the surrounding area). Now that I'm learning, however, I have to start thinking about the responsibilities that come with driving: maintaining and insuring a car.

I have done some research and Auto Advantage Quotes is a really good place to start when looking for insurance. Their website is easy to navigate and they have in-depth answers to any questions that you may have. I was particularly interested in their section about teen drivers. It was a relief to be reminded that I can receive a discount on my insurance since I took a driver's ed class (two years ago, but still!).

In the probable event that my uncle fixes a car up for me (it's a hobby of his), then I can look more into the insurance for classic cars. My uncle actually has lots of this kind of insurance, since he has basically a whole lot full of old cars that he drives around. He told my mother before that when I first learn to drive, I should get an "old clunker" and get insured on that so that my insurance isn't through the roof. I guess..

I hope that this website helps some of you guys! It's definitely cleared some stuff up for me. :)

No comments: